Welcome to the Wild-About-Trapping.com Forums

Friends, Family and Outdoor Traditions
It is currently 21 Oct 2015, 00:42

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: What to charge?
PostPosted: 05 Jul 2013, 13:08 
Trapper
Trapper

I saw that someone here charged $75 setup fee, and $75 dollars per animal. Is that what you all charge, do they really pay that much, and how much should I do for beaver and muskrat?

Post subject: Re: What to charge?
PostPosted: 22 Jul 2013, 06:40 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

Charge what you feel is fair. My prices vary from cheap set ups with high per animql to high set ups and lower per animal I have beaver jobs that run into the thousands. Or coon jobs I do for next to nothing.
Alot of that has to do with your area.
What type of area do you live in . How much competition etc.

PostPosted: 17 Oct 2013, 14:43 
Trapper
Trapper

micahseavers wrote:
Charge what you feel is fair. My prices vary from cheap set ups with high per animql to high set ups and lower per animal I have beaver jobs that run into the thousands. Or coon jobs I do for next to nothing.

X2

I trapped squirrels out of a house for a elderly gentleman that wanted to make payments on my services. His wife was in the house on her death bed, the visiting nurses were going to report him for the squirrels not be taken care of.

He had no money, could not work in order to take care of the wife that had only weeks to live.
I took care of the squirrels and some mice while i was at it. When i was done after 3 days i told him i was leaving and picked up all my stiff.
He came out to pay me something from stopping them from taking his wife away from him to die in a nursing home.
I handed him a bill partly folded and he swallowed hard, He handed me a $20.00 bill and said that was all he had. I told him i have to charge him the same as every body else!! I took the bill back from him and unfolded it the rest of the way, and gave it back to him. It said PAID IN FULL!!!

He started to cry and i told him to hang tough, his wife needed him. I gave him the $20.00 bill back and told him to buy the wife some flowers. Then i left.

Every Job is Different!!!
Dave

PostPosted: 17 Oct 2013, 16:33 
KING OF THE POSTERS
KING OF THE POSTERS

One Hand Setters wrote:
micahseavers wrote:

X2

I trapped squirrels out of a house for a elderly gentleman that wanted to make payments on my services. His wife was in the house on her death bed, the visiting nurses were going to report him for the squirrels not be taken care of.

He had no money, could not work in order to take care of the wife that had only weeks to live.
I took care of the squirrels and some mice while i was at it. When i was done after 3 days i told him i was leaving and picked up all my stiff.
He came out to pay me something from stopping them from taking his wife away from him to die in a nursing home.
I handed him a bill partly folded and he swallowed hard, He handed me a $20.00 bill and said that was all he had. I told him i have to charge him the same as every body else!! I took the bill back from him and unfolded it the rest of the way, and gave it back to him. It said PAID IN FULL!!!

He started to cry and i told him to hang tough, his wife needed him. I gave him the $20.00 bill back and told him to buy the wife some flowers. Then i left.

Every Job is Different!!!
Dave

Dave you got a greater payment than any money ever printed! Kudos to you.

PostPosted: 17 Oct 2013, 16:51 
Trapper
Trapper

I may have been wrong, but that is what i thought and still do.
Nobody ever said we would get rich doing this kind of work, but i did that day!!!
Dave

PostPosted: 15 Dec 2013, 12:57 
Forum not-so-Newbie
Forum not-so-Newbie

One Hand Setters wrote:
I may have been wrong, but that is what i thought and still do.
Nobody ever said we would get rich doing this kind of work, but i did that day!!!
Dave

Rich beyond measure, sir. 8)

PostPosted: 20 Mar 2014, 16:57 
Experienced Forum User
Experienced Forum User

A company here in Nova Scotia charges $100. set up fee then $75 every check and $75 for every catch.
I usually play it by ear, but normal charge is $50 setup. It is more for lethal catches as I have to bury them $75 and live catches are $50 I charge $0.50 per km and $15. per hr or any part of an hour over 15min for trap checks which I do daily for live trapping and every two for kill sets.

2010/2011 Catch
Beaver
Coyote
Fox
Mink
Muskrat - 8
Otter
Red Squirrel
Raccoon
Weasel