Welcome to the Wild-About-Trapping.com Forums

Friends, Family and Outdoor Traditions
It is currently 20 Oct 2015, 18:58

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 287 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
PostPosted: 04 Jan 2015, 02:37 
POST-JACKING AND PIXEL SIZE CZAR (P.J.A.P.S.C.)

Good luck on the goals, I'm impressed to say the least.

This I liked the most though. :lol:
longhairboy wrote:

On another note, I think I may have traded a snowblower with a bad engine for a snowmobile (Not working, but don't know whats wrong with it)

PostPosted: 04 Jan 2015, 11:06 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

Not the greatest picture, but I tried for ya :wink:

Squirrel-6
Coon-4
Muskrat-8 (1 eaten)
Mink-1 (ranched)

Check out my youtube channel? I'm retroslickbass. I have some videos of me playin piano and bass in church!!

http://www.youtube.com/user/retroslickb ... rid&view=0 For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul. Mark 8:36

PostPosted: 04 Jan 2015, 11:19 

Nice old machine that should probably be scrapped. Sure a good trailer though.

PostPosted: 04 Jan 2015, 11:57 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

trappintime wrote:
Nice old machine that should probably be scrapped. Sure a good trailer though.

We picked it up and the back axle dropped about 8 inches from where it should have been, thats why its tilted some.

Funny story about that trailer, I had the trailer loaded up really good with steel, it included the spreader, and I had steel stacked another foot or 2 above the spreader, and stuff underneath it. We got to the yard, used the dump to unload it, and then it stayed up and wouldn't come down. Me and two of the yard guys climbed to the top and started jumping up and down trying to get it to go down, and that wouldn't work. So the yard guy went and got his loader and used that to push it down. He had to put a lot of force on it too!

Squirrel-6
Coon-4
Muskrat-8 (1 eaten)
Mink-1 (ranched)

Check out my youtube channel? I'm retroslickbass. I have some videos of me playin piano and bass in church!!

http://www.youtube.com/user/retroslickb ... rid&view=0 For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul. Mark 8:36

PostPosted: 05 Jan 2015, 21:20 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

well I may have gotten myself into a project. She is paying for the disposal of all waste. I can salvage or sell
anything I want. And will also collect some pay in the end as well.

It was getting dark so I only got a couple pix. There is two mobiles. The one has rotten wood siding. So don't know what I will get out of that. The other has aluminum siding and an add on. That's the one in the photo.
There is also an old camper and a lot of loose scrap laying.

Beaver--2
Muskrat-0
Squirrel-6
Fox------2
Coon----1

PostPosted: 05 Jan 2015, 21:23 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

Beaver--2
Muskrat-0
Squirrel-6
Fox------2
Coon----1

PostPosted: 06 Jan 2015, 21:58 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

Looks like you got yourself some fun! Make sure to post some pics for us to drool over!

Squirrel-6
Coon-4
Muskrat-8 (1 eaten)
Mink-1 (ranched)

PostPosted: 22 Jan 2015, 17:35 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

I dropped off 640 pounce of shred today and got $100/ton. Hopefully it rebounds in spring.

TT, I think the yard owner/manager must be a relation of yours. I went out to dump my load and saw that they had dug out the manure spreader I had dumped off and had it sitting by itself away from the scrap!

Squirrel-6
Coon-4
Muskrat-8 (1 eaten)
Mink-1 (ranched)

PostPosted: 22 Jan 2015, 21:18 

longhairboy wrote:
TT, I think the yard owner/manager must be a relation of yours. I went out to dump my load and saw that they had dug out the manure spreader I had dumped off and had it sitting by itself away from the scrap!

Obviously a man of exquisite taste. 8)

PostPosted: 22 Jan 2015, 22:09 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

Way to go WW!! I'm sure there will be both bummers and highs with your undertaking. LHB and I probably suggest that maybe you should check out or join Scrap Metal Forum. Lots of knowledge over there. I'm sure you could get a lot of tips as well as the "read the past threads & posts" comments on it. A bigger forum than WAT but a lot of good folks on there as well!!

Genesis 1:26

PostPosted: 17 Mar 2015, 09:30 

Watched this video today and thought it should be put in this thread. Not much impress's me like this did.

http://youtu.be/vrlvqib94xQ

PostPosted: 18 Mar 2015, 19:51 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

My physics teacher actually made one of these, and he showed me a video of it, they used it to melt a nail to demonstrate, pretty neat stuff

Squirrel-6
Coon-4
Muskrat-8 (1 eaten)
Mink-1 (ranched)

PostPosted: 07 Apr 2015, 17:59 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

Been getting a little scrap here recently, did a junk removal job, and filled my Father's truck up with scrap metals from it. Filled up probably half a barrel of wire from it too, plus 20-30 pounds of aluminum, 10 pounds or so of stainless.
Everything above the snow is pretty much everything I got from this job, along with some pipes I got from Dad's work, and some lead.

Squirrel-6
Coon-4
Muskrat-8 (1 eaten)
Mink-1 (ranched)

PostPosted: 08 Apr 2015, 07:44 

I found I could sell lead at a better price on gun forums than any recyclers would pay.

PostPosted: 08 Apr 2015, 18:18 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

trappintime wrote:
I found I could sell lead at a better price on gun forums than any recyclers would pay.

It's all lead off of an old roof, I'll have to weigh it up and see how much I have total when I clean everything up in the spring.

I finished up the junk job pretty well now, I found some resale items along with 100-200 pounds of shred, brass, copper, aluminum, and a good chunk of copper wire.

I found a hockey card album, gold chain (Possibly fake), old tin cars one was a fire truck, and one I didn't get a good look at it, I think its an 18 wheeler. I also found some old records, and some old books. I did find some stamps still in the shrink wrap, so maybe those might be worth a tiny bit. I found some old ice capades programs, My Mom used to go to them, she said she liked them, don't know if all you remember them, the programs I found were from the 1980's, so definitely not new by any means. I did find some old keys too, I sat those off to the side, might eventually have enough to sell a lot of them on Ebay!

Squirrel-6
Coon-4
Muskrat-8 (1 eaten)
Mink-1 (ranched)

PostPosted: 08 Apr 2015, 19:11 

When you say "Off a roof", do you mean the flashings around vents and such? If so that is pure lead that old muzzle loader folks like myself like for bullets.

PostPosted: 08 Apr 2015, 21:21 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

trappintime wrote:
When you say "Off a roof", do you mean the flashings around vents and such? If so that is pure lead that old muzzle loader folks like myself like for bullets.

Yup thats what it is. Even though my Dad is a contractor, I really don't know a lot of terms. It just wasn't something that interested me

Squirrel-6
Coon-4
Muskrat-8 (1 eaten)
Mink-1 (ranched)

PostPosted: 12 Apr 2015, 07:35 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

LHB- Nice haul. Have fun breaking down the stuff you're going to break down. That's where some of my scrapping efforts "break down" (pun intended) when I hit things that are a bit tougher to finish out. I think I have about 4-5 micro transformers laying around because my ax is out of commission right now. Some of the steel around transformers come away fairly easily if I guy huts the "sweet spot" of the weld with an ax blade and hammer, some are a PIA that should just be sold as copper bearing. Oh well, once I get the last of the furs out of the garage, I can spend more time cleaning up my metal.

Looks like its still a bit cold up there. Our grass is starting to green up and we went fishing yesterday (about 70 F but crazy windy). I really didn't care if I caught a fish or not, it was more about just catching some Vitamin D with the rays 8)

PostPosted: 13 Apr 2015, 06:17 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

NonPCfed wrote:
LHB- Nice haul. Have fun breaking down the stuff you're going to break down. That's where some of my scrapping efforts "break down" (pun intended) when I hit things that are a bit tougher to finish out. I think I have about 4-5 micro transformers laying around because my ax is out of commission right now. Some of the steel around transformers come away fairly easily if I guy huts the "sweet spot" of the weld with an ax blade and hammer, some are a PIA that should just be sold as copper bearing. Oh well, once I get the last of the furs out of the garage, I can spend more time cleaning up my metal.

Looks like its still a bit cold up there. Our grass is starting to green up and we went fishing yesterday (about 70 F but crazy windy). I really didn't care if I caught a fish or not, it was more about just catching some Vitamin D with the rays 8)

Yeah yeah rub it in :roll: the fields and marshes are starting to bare up but in around houses we still have a lot, theres probably about a foot and a half of snow in our yard right now. The weather network said that the migratory birds are all starving to death because of no food

Squirrel-6
Coon-4
Muskrat-8 (1 eaten)
Mink-1 (ranched)

PostPosted: 13 Apr 2015, 07:50 

What are aluminum transfer cases and engine blocks worth?

PostPosted: 13 Apr 2015, 08:08 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

If the transfer cases are cleaned the aluminum is worth .50 a pound or so, or if you don't clean it about .10 a pound. The engine blocks are either cast aluminum or cast iron, so the alum ones are worth .50 but you'd have to call a scrap yard about cast iron prices, I don't know them because I've never sold cast iron

Squirrel-6
Coon-4
Muskrat-8 (1 eaten)
Mink-1 (ranched)

PostPosted: 13 Apr 2015, 08:44 

In other words, living 200 miles from a scrap yard they are worthless. Hard to take anything that far and make any money.

PostPosted: 13 Apr 2015, 11:26 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

Well,,, yeah pretty much unless you could fill a semi trailer or something :lol: :roll:

Squirrel-6
Coon-4
Muskrat-8 (1 eaten)
Mink-1 (ranched)

PostPosted: 13 Apr 2015, 20:30 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

tt- A clean alum engine block or transfer case may not be cost effective to make such a run by themselves but you probably make to a town that has a scrap yard where you could sell them sometime don't you?? I don't know what kind of vehicle you take when you do such trips but if you can hook a small trailer along or these items fit into the back of a larger pick-up and drop them off while doing other things on the trip. Or you can keep piling it up on your farm and maybe your kids will take the scrap in someday. There will always be some sort of value in Alum scrap. Whether it covers your costs of getting it somewhere is another issue...

PostPosted: 13 Apr 2015, 21:00 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

I know I'm a scrapper when I get hand cramps from using wire cutters so much cutting christmas lights :roll:

Squirrel-6
Coon-4
Muskrat-8 (1 eaten)
Mink-1 (ranched)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 287 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next